I am here to assist you each step of the way. I will guide you throughout the entire home buying process. Whether this is your first purchase, or your 10th, you have enough to worry about without adding stress from the technical details. Not sure what you’re looking for? My detailed understanding of market trends, local neighborhoods, and financial tidbits allows me to give sound, proven advice to match you with your ideal house.
The Buying Process To begin with, I believe that the more informed you are, the better your experience will be. I have the resources to guide you through the home finding process, providing you with everything from detailed property searches to neighborhood information.
Below, I have provided a general step-by-step list to help explain the home buying process. Some of these stages may seem confusing, but, remember, I am here to answer any questions.
1. Determine your needs and budget Before the search begins, it is a good idea to define what type of house, neighborhood, and location best suits your needs and lifestyle. I recommend imagining your dream home, while also taking into account your financial considerations. Have fun with this! Is a large yard important to you? Do you want to be within walking distance to schools? Have you always wanted a large soaking tub in your master bedroom?
Once you share these details with me, I can offer feedback and advice to help develop a plan and goal moving forward. You may want to prioritize what specifications you are looking for in a new home to offer some flexibility when scouting for houses.
2. Get pre-approved for a loan First, meet with a loan officer. Sharing income and financial information will give you a price range for which you are qualified.
Obtain a pre-approval letter
Obtain a “Truth in Lending” letter explaining the costs of borrowing money
Learn about the many loans available to buyers in today’s market
Learn about closing costs
3. House search! With your specifications in mind, I will use my resources to scout the marketplace on your behalf. When I find houses that meet your criteria, we can review them and schedule a tour at your convenience.
When possible, all decision-makers should visit the various homes
Always be candid–it will help me understand your particular needs
If you have a home to sell, it is best to begin this search before your existing home is under contract.
4. Prepare the offer
Once we have found the home of your dreams, I will help you determine an appropriate offer price by reviewing market trends and similar home sales. With your input, I will draft a written offer that outlines the price as well as the responsibilities of both parties in preparation for the transaction. If the seller accepts the offer, it becomes a binding contract. It is imperative that you carefully review the contract and clarify any aspects that are not clear to you prior to offering.
I will go through the contract with you and complete your offer
If negotiations are necessary, I will work to ensure that you and the seller agree on all terms
All documents will be sent to the title company where a file will be opened, and title commitment and property tax information ordered
It will usually take 30-45 days from contract to close to complete the process.
5. Make your loan application
Give your loan officer a copy of the contract and apply for the loan
6. Inspect the property In order to ensure your safety and the value of your investment, it is important to have the proper personnel thoroughly inspect the house after the offer and loan terms have been finalized.
Select an inspector and arrange for both a general inspection and comprehensive pest inspection
Depending on the property and location, I can also provide information about other environmental assessments
7. Appraisal and survey of property
The lender and title company will make arrangements for the property appraisal and survey
Buyer will be provided a copy of the Title Commitment Letter
Buyer will make arrangements for homeowner’s (hazard) insurance, and arrange for the insurance agent to talk with the closing officer at the title company
8. Seller’s closing is also arranged
Buyer receives a copy of the closing statement for review prior to closing
Buyer does a final walk-through inspection of the property
The REALTOR arranges a closing date and time with the buyer and title company. Seller’s closing is also arranged
Buyer brings a cashiers check for all closing costs and the balance of the down payment
9. After closing I will prepare the necessary documents required for closing such as title examination, payoff statements and deed. On the closing day you will sign all documents. The seller will be paid and you will receive the keys.